IFMA membership benefits both you and your employer. (click here to watch a short clip)
- Local, global and industry-specific networking with a knowledgeable and supportive community of facility professionals.
- Opportunities to hone your skills, broaden your expertise and heighten your credibility in all FM-related areas.
- Opportunities to grow, both personally and professionally—earn recognition with an IFMA credential, get involved in association activities and contribute to the advancement of your profession.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in your field.
- Raise your professional profile as an FM dedicated to best-in-class facility management.
- See a noticeable improvement in the efficiency and productivity of your facility and FM team.
- Identify facility strengths and weaknesses through benchmarking studies.
- Best workplace practices, sustainability how-to guides and relevant FM training at your facility professional’s fingertips.
- Heighten awareness of issues, trends and legislation affecting the workplace.
- Reduce liability risks through an informed FM staff.
- Reliable information on the latest product and service solutions to meet your diverse workplace needs.
Local Chapter Benefits
Narrow the FM world to your local interests and professional community.
A local source of facility management education, information and interaction, IFMA chapters bring the association’s vast resources directly to you. As a member of your local chapter, you benefit from:
- Networking with colleagues and business partners in your area;
- Exclusive access to the chapter’s membership directory;
- Educational and social events, including career growth programs, facility tours and best practices workshops;
- Employment referral services;
- Support and study groups for those pursuing CFM®, FMP® and SFP™ credentials;
- Chapter-specific websites focused on FM news and activities in your area;
- Opportunities to mentor FM students at local colleges and universities;
- Opportunities to give back to your community through chapter-organized projects and fundraisers; and
- Opportunities to join chapter committees or serve in a leadership position.
Chapter membership benefits the entire IFMA community.
- Focus on local issues that impact your workplace.
- Build long-lasting friendships with professional peers.
- Benefit from on-site professional development programs.
- Develop strong business partnerships with fellow members.
- Contribute to the growth and success of your chapter.
- Earn recognition through IFMA’s Associate Member Award of Excellence.
Young Professional Members
- Benefit from support and advice from professional peers.
- Get involved in career-building activities.
- Earn recognition through IFMA’s Emerging Leader Award of Excellence.
- Begin learning about and contributing to the FM profession.
- Start building your contact list.
- Earn recognition through IFMA’s Student Chapter of the Year Award.
- Stay connected to your professional community.
- Mentor students, emerging leaders and CFM candidates.
- Share your knowledge of FM and the association.