BECOME A CFM, FMP or SFP
The Certified Facility Manager (CFM) credential sets the industry standard for ensuring knowledge and abilities of practicing facility managers. The certification process is designed to assess competence in the field through work experience, education and the ability to pass a comprehensive exam.
Learn more about becoming a Certified Facility Manager.
Top Five Reasons to get certified as a CFM:
- Distinguish Yourself. In today’s competitive job market, your CFM status puts you ahead of the competition. Certified Facility Managers have proven their abilities and demonstrated their commitment to achieving excellence in the profession.
- Invest in Your Future. CFMs earn, on average, 13% more than non-certified facility managers. Earning your CFM is one of the most important career decisions you can make.
- Demonstrate Your Leadership and Initiative.It’s not easy to achieve CFM status. The CFM credential is a tangible sign of your success. Share your expertise and mentor up-and-coming members of your organization.
- Advance Your Profession. Facility managers must be proficient in a wide range of competencies. The CFM program articulates the level of skill and talent required of the profession.
- Enhance Your Professional Network. Enjoy opportunities to network during special CFM events. IFMA chapter members receive special recognition from their chapters.
IFMA’s Facility Management Professional (FMP) designation is a knowledge-based credential demonstrating a proven comprehension of the basics of facility management. A springboard for obtaining certification, the FMP designation will help to accelerate an FM’s transition into the profession.
Learn more about becoming a Facility Management Professional.
Are you ready to be an FMP? IFMA recognized the need for a designation for entry-level and transitioning facility professionals who do not yet have the hands-on experience required for obtaining the CFM.
It’s recommended to participate in the FMP program that you meet one of these criteria:
- Facility management practitioners with less than five years of experience
- Transitioning professionals with significant experience in former related careers
- Partner practitioners such as architects, designers and safety engineers
- Associated corporate providers of FM products and services
- Students entering the profession from colleges, universities, certificate or technical programs
IFMA’s SFP™ is an assessment-based certificate program delivering a specialty credential in sustainability. By earning your SFP credential, you will develop and gain recognition for your expertise in sustainable FM practices while impacting your organization’s economic, environmental and social bottom lines.
Learn practical skills: Learn to use knowledge-based and data-driven methods to develop solutions that provide the highest value for your building, your organization, and your community.
- Challenge the status quo: The SFP Credential Program will help you to challenge yourself and your organization to go beyond the current thinking, take full advantage of your FM skills and create a balance in your organization between sustainability and the corporate mission.
- Impact your organization’s triple bottom line: Implement best practices to impact your organization’s economic, ecological and social bottom lines.
- Earn a competitive advantage: The SFP credential will give you recognition and credibility as an informed champion, partner and steward of the built environment within your organization and the communities in which you live and serve.
- Utilize reference materials: After earning the SFP credential, use the study materials as ongoing reference.
- Join a professional network: Become part of a network of like-minded professionals that have achieved their SFP credential.
- Earn IFMA-issued CEUs and CFM Maintenance Points.